MAFP Job Opportunities
Professional statewide association headquartered near Lansing, MI seeks highly-organized, detail-oriented professional with strong writing and computer skills to provide administrative and office support as a valued part of a dedicated team, committed to achieving goals through quality work, high standards and integrity.
Position Purpose: To assist with general office and administrative functions.
Essential Functions & Basic Duties:
- Provide administrative support to busy CEO, including work with Board, committees and staff
- Schedule and set-up logistics for meetings (in-person and virtual Internet-based)
- Take minutes during meetings, draft minutes for review by CEO, and disseminate on portal
- Answer phones and manage reception/”front desk” responsibilities
- Maintain intra-office and website calendars
- Handle incoming/outgoing mail, including check log and payment of invoices in coordination with
Director of Business Development & Operations
- Primary staff member responsible for database, including business network
- Create and maintain rosters including email groups and electronic portal access
- Assist with processing meeting registrations and confirmations, as needed
- Help prepare and pack materials for events, as needed
- Maintain electronic and physical files in accordance with records and retention policy
- Purchase office supplies, including food/beverages for meetings
- General care of office as requested by CEO, including working with IT company and other
outsourced support services
Successful candidate will have very strong computer, organizational and administrative skills along with proven ability to set priorities and manage multiple deadlines while following through on assigned projects with a high degree of accuracy. Excellent writing skills are essential. This key member of our team must also be self-motivated, with solid communication skills and a friendly customer service orientation.
This full-time position is hourly; 40 hours per week with benefits. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must include a cover letter, resume and hourly rate requirements no later than Monday, Nov. 13, 2017. Click here to apply.