2017 Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo
For the first time ever, Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo—the premier annual event for Michigan Family Physicians—is being held at the historic Grand Hotel on beautiful Mackinac Island. We invite you and your family to step back in time, and join Family Physicians from across the state in "Bridging Tradition & Transformation."
Rooms at Grand Hotel are Limited and Based on Availability—Make Your Reservation Today!
Reserve your room at the extraordinary discounted conference rate, which includes breakfast daily for the first four guests in the room. In order to receive the conference rate, reservations must be made in writing using the reservation form. Click "Reserve Your Room" below and then:
- Download the editable reservation form to your computer (Adobe Acrobat software required) by clicking on Reserve Your Room below. Please note: The conference begins July 9 and ends July 13. Grand Hotel room rates listed on the room reservation form are for arrivals on/after Saturday, July 8 through departures on Friday, July 14, based on availability.
- Complete the form, save it to your computer, and then email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment.
- Grand Hotel rooms are limited and reservations may be made based on availability. If/when rooms are no longer available at Grand Hotel, you are highly encouraged to immediately check availability at other properties on and around the island.
Sponsors & Exhibitors
Thank you to the organizations that are sponsoring and/or exhibiting at the Conference—click here to learn about the products, services and information they offer to support your practice.
- Click here for the conference programming and CME courses.
- Click here for exclusive special optional events.
- Click here to learn about the experts who will present at the Conference.
- Click here for the presentations and handouts (password required).
- Click here to download and print the Conference registration brochure (PDF)
- Click here to download and print the on-site guide (PDF)
Continuing Medical Education
This Live activity, 2017 Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo, with a beginning date of July 9, 2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25.25 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Although online registration for the Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo is closed, phone registration is being accepted July 5-7 at 517.347.0098. Onsite conference registration will be available at Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, July 9-13.
|June 9 & After||Before June 9|
|FULL CONFERENCE (does not include KSA)|
|Active Physician MAFP/AAFP Member||$495||$445.50|
|Resident or Student MAFP/AAFP Member||$125||$112.50|
|Life or Retired MAFP/AAFP Member||$395||$355.50|
|Non-member Physician, PA, NP, RN, etc.||$595||$535.50|
|FULL CONFERENCE + KSA|
|Active Physician MAFP/AAFP Member||$595||$535.50|
|Resident or Student MAFP/AAFP Member||$200||$180|
|Non-member Physician, PA, NP, RN, etc.||$805||$724.50|
|KSA ONLY (does not include conference)|
|Thursday, July 13, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.||$200||$180|
|ONE-DAY / MULTI-DAY RATES|
|Monday, July 10||$195||$175.50|
|Tuesday, July 11||$195||$175.50|
|Wednesday, July 12||$195||$175.50|
|Thursday, July 13 (partial day, does not include KSA)||$100||$90|
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations and refund requests must be submitted in writing to MAFP. An administrative fee of $50 will be deducted from all cancellations and refund requests. The final date for refunds is June 27. Substitutions are accepted in lieu of cancellations and will be charged the appropriate registration fee if different from the original registration.
Grand Hotel | Mackinac Island, MI
For the first time ever, Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo is being held at Grand Hotel—the world’s largest summer hotel—located on northern Michigan’s Mackinac Island where old-world hospitality meets modern-day amenities. We welcome you to visit Grand Hotel's website to learn about Mackinac Island's historic hotel that has been truly grand for 130 years and is a Michigan treasure.
Grand Hotel boasts the world’s longest porch, 393 distinctly unique rooms, and breathtaking views of the Straits of Mackinac and Mackinac Bridge. It was named the best hotel in Michigan in February 2017 by U.S. News & World Report; a winner in USA Today’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice Awards for Best Historic Hotel in August 2016; voted a top Midwest resort by Conde’ Nast Traveler; and is recognized among Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels.
Fun Grand Hotel & Mackinac Island Features
Wild Goose Chase Featured on 'Dirty Jobs' (includes Mackinac Island hourse manure and garbage removal)
Early-bird pricing ends 06/09/2017
Online registration ends 07/25/2017
Online Registration is Closed
It’s not too late to relax, refresh and rejuvenate on the Island! Although online registration for the Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo is closed, phone registration is being accepted July 5-7 at 517.347.0098. Onsite conference registration will be available at Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, July 9-13.
- Diverse, live CME sessions on timely "hot topics" led by expert speakers
- Your Academy's annual business meeting on July 11
- A resourceful Expo Hall
- Networking opportunities
- A special evening on July 11 to celebrate Family Medicine in Michigan
- Fun, affordable optional special events for you and your family/guests to enjoy together
- And lots to do on Mackinac Island, a one-of-a-kind destination!
Support Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan by bidding on items while you are at the Conference and leave with a great buy! All proceeds go directly to the Foundation to support the advancement of Family Medicine in Michigan.
To donate an item, such as a gift basket, tickets to a sporting event or hand-crafted jewelry, click here to complete the online donation form by June 23 or call MAFP at 517.347.9908.
Order Your Logo Apparel
MAFP's / Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan's virtual "store" will reopen on July 9 to give Conference attendees the opportunity to place an order. A variety of clothing options and other items are available. A portion of each sale directly benefits Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan.