MAFP Advocacy & Leadership Development Program
MAFP invites Family Physician, resident, and medical student members to apply to participate in the 2018 MAFP Advocacy & Leadership Development Program—a one-day immersion program that will change the way you think about advocacy and help shape you into an advocacy leader in your clinic, institution, or community.
The day-long program includes training on leadership development, media relations, lobbying, grassroots advocacy, political fundraising and more!
- Applicants must agree to attend the entire program plus take part in related follow-up activities.
- Upon completion of the program, participants will be required to complete and submit an Advocacy Action Plan to be implemented in 2019. The Action Plan should entail planning a grassroots activity (e.g. a breakfast at a clinic where lawmakers can interact with Family Physicians, Family Medicine residents and students). All costs related to follow-up events will be covered by MAFP.
- There is no cost to attend.
How to Apply
- All MAFP members, including practicing Family Physicians, Family Medicine residents, and medical students are invited to apply.
- Selection preference will be given to members who have not been previously engaged with MAFP committees or other Academy leadership initiatives.
- Click here to apply.
As part of your participation in the program, you will be given the opportunity to learn more about and/or contribute to the Family Medicine Political Action Committee (FMPAC), the exclusive PAC for Family Physicians, Family Medicine residents and medical students in Michigan. To learn more about the Family Medicine PAC and how it is working on your behalf or to contribute, click here.