2019 Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo: Onward & Upward
Conference Registration is Open!
The 2019 Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo features:
- 19 plenary sessions + 4 interactive breakout sessions
- Optional 3-hour pain and symptom management pre-conference*, America's Controlled Substance Epidemic: The Duty to Inform, Monitor & Document ... Real Soltuions for Your Practice! presented by nationally renowned speaker, Jodi Switalski, JD
- Optional Knowledge Self-Assessment Study Group on Care of the Vulnerable Elderly*
- Annual Meeting—resolutions are being accepted until June 27
- Family Medicine PAC Fundraiser*
- Michigan Family Medicine Celebration Dinner & Awards*
- Expo hall and welcome reception
- Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan Silent Auction—donate an item by July 1
- Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan VIP Afterglow*
- Leisure time—recharge, refresh, rejuvenate by taking advantage of the many resort amenities and/or exploring surrounding lakes and quaint towns
*Requires pre-registration and payment of an additional fee.
This Live activity, Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo, with a beginning date of August 1, 2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 21 Live Prescribed credits by American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Following this CME activity, you will have the opportunity to earn up to an additional 16 Live Prescribed credits—2 credits for participation in each Translation to Practice® exercise offered.
Sessions on pain and symptom management, human trafficking, and medical ethics count toward the state's professional development requirements for these topics.
You have the option of participating in the Knowledge Self-Assessment Study Group on Care of the Vulnerable Elderly, Sunday, August 4, to earn an additional 8 Live Prescribed CME credits. Please note the KSA requires pre-registration and payment of an additional fee.
The following organizations recognize and will honor AAFP Prescribed CME Credits: AAPA, NCCPA, ANCC, AANPCB, AAMA, ABFM, ABEM, ABPM, and ABU. Please make direct contact with the organization to understand the reporting and/or conversion process. Click here for the full list as posted at AAFP's webiste.
Thank you to the exhibitors and sponsors that have already registered in support of Family Medicine in Michigan. Space is still avilable—discounted early-bird rates expire March 15.
FMFM Room Block Discounted Rates
Shanty Creek Resort availability is limited and offered on a first-come first-served basis. The following discounted rates expire July 1 or when the conference room block is full—reserve your room early!
Single / Double Guest Room: $157 + 6% state tax, 9% resort fee, and 5% CVB assessment.
Single / Double Studio Parlor: $192 + 6% state tax, 9% resort fee, and 5% CVB assessment.
- Additional person: $15 per person/per night
- Children under 17 years of age may stay free in their parents' room using existing bedding
- These rates will be honored two days prior and two days following the conference dates, based on availability
- Check-in begins at 5 p.m. Check-out is 12 p.m. Quiet hours are 11 p.m.-7 a.m..
- A valid credit card is required to hold each reservation and must be presented at check-in.
- No charge is made to the card to hold the room. However, your card will be charged one night's stay if the room is canceled within 5 days of arrival and for no shows.
- Online reservations are preferred. If you need assistance reserving your room, contact the resort at 1.866.695.5010.
- To reserve a room after July 1, call the resort at 1.866.695.5012.
- Parking is complimetary for all conference attendees and guests
Early-bird pricing ends 06/24/2019
Online registration ends 07/31/2019
2019 Exhibitor, Sponsor & Advertising Registration is Open
Conference updates will be featured:
- On this conference webpage—check back often
- In Family Medicine Update, MAFP's e-newsletter
- In Michigan Family Physician, MAFP's magazine
- 16-page conference guide insert is in the spring issue!
- Conference publicity emails