2020 MAFP Virtual Advocacy & Leadership Development Program
Family physicians, family medicine residents, medical students
MAFP's Advocacy & Leadership Development Program is a one-day virtual immersion learning opportunity that will change the way you think about advocacy and help shape you into an advocacy leader in your clinic, institution, or community. The virtual program includes training on leadership development, media relations, lobbying, grassroots advocacy, and political fundraising.
- Open to MAFP members.
- Space is limited; selection preference will be given to members who have not been previously engaged with MAFP committees or other Academy leadership initiatives.
- Applicants must agree to attend the full virtual program plus take part in related follow-up activities.
- Upon completion of the program, participants are asked to design an Advocacy Action Plan to be implemented in 2021. The Action Plan should entail planning a grassroots activity (e.g. a breakfast at a clinic where lawmakers can interact with family physicians, family medicine residents, and students). All costs related to follow-up events will be covered by MAFP.
- There is no cost to participate.
- Participants will be given the opportunity to learn more about and/or contribute to the Family Medicine Political Action Committee (FMPAC), the exclusive PAC devoted solely to amplifying the family medicine voice in the Michigan Legislature. To learn more about the Family Medicine PAC and how it is working on your behalf or to contribute, click here.