2022 Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo
The Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo is the premier continuing medical education and networking event for the family medicine community in Michigan. We are looking forward to convening in person once again, and there is no better venue to do so than at Michigan's historic Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.
- Choose from 24 sessions; earn up to 19.5 CME credits
- Annual Meeting—resolutions are being accepted until May 25
- AAFP Degree of Fellow Convocation Ceremony (RSVP by June 6 if AAFP has approved your FAAFP application and you would like to participate in Michigan's convocation ceremony on July 9)
- Family Medicine PAC Fundraiser*
- Michigan Family Medicine Celebration Dinner & Awards*
- Expo Hall - thank you sponsors and exhibitors!
- Cocktail Receptions
- Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan Drawing
- Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan VIP Afterglow*
- Leisure time—recharge, refresh, rejuvenate by taking advantage of the many Mackinac Island sights and activities
- Special events for families of conference attendees
*Requires pre-registration and payment of an additional fee.
The AAFP has reviewed 2022 Michigan Family Medicine Conference and Expo and deemed it acceptable for up to 19.50 Live AAFP Prescribed credits. Term of Approval is from 07/07/2022 to 07/10/2022. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
We are excited that the 2022 conference will be held at the historic Grand Hotel on beautiful Mackinac Island.
Click here to learn about the Grand Hotel, "America's Summer Place," and its unique accommodations.
Click here to learn about Mackinac Island, a vacation destination where the streets have been car-free for over 100 years and sights include centuries-old forts and ancient rock formations.
Grand Hotel lodging availability at our discounted rates is limited to conference attendees only, and offered on a first-come, first-served basis - click here to check availability/book a room, or call 1-800-33GRAND.
Other options for accomodations on Mackinac Island - there are more than 1,600 unique rooms in a variety of hotels, resorts, B&Bs, condos, cottages, and homes.
Discounted Ferry Rates
Shepler's Ferry is offering conference attendees discounted ferry rates from Mackinaw City and St. Ignace:
- Tickets can be purchased online or in-person using the discount code FMFM22
- Discounted rates are $23/adult and $14/child (ages 5-12) roundtrip
Early-bird pricing ends 04/09/2022
Online registration ends 07/08/2022
Denna Bunting, MAFP Meeting Planner
MAFP members must first login to receive the discounted member rate.
Scholarships are 100% funded by donations to Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan.
Thank You Sponsors
Wendy Biggs, MD, FAAFP
Glenn Dregansky, DO, FAAFP
Evelyn Eccles, MD
Mark Hamed, MD, MBA, MPH, FAAFP
Al Juocys, DO, FAAFP
Brandon Karmo, DO, FAAFP
Loretta Leja, MD
Madeleine McMall, DO
Karen Mitchell, MD, FAAFP
Beena Nagappala, MD, MPH
Pamela Rockwell, DO, FAAFP
Leanne Swiderski, MD
Tina Tanner, MD, FAAFP
Timothy Tobolic, MD
Congratulations Scholarship Recipients
Maria Barreras, MD
Meredith Baumgartner, MD, MPH
Ashley Erwin, MD
Join the #MiFMCE Conversation
Conference updates will be featured:
- On this conference webpage—check back often
- In Family Medicine Update, MAFP's e-newsletter
- In Michigan Family Physician, MAFP's magazine
- 16-page conference guide insert is in the spring issue!