2022 MAFP Advocacy & Leadership Development Program
Application Open through Oct. 23
Participation in this exclusive member-only program is based on a competitive application process; space is limited.
Family physicians, family medicine residents
This one-day immersion program will change the way you think about advocacy and help shape you into an advocacy leader in your clinic, institution, and community. Sessions focus on leadership development, media relations, lobbying, grassroots advocacy, and political fundraising.
- Open to MAFP physician and resident members
- Selection preference will be given to members not previously engaged with MAFP committees or other Academy leadership initiatives
- Applicants must agree to attend the full program and take part in related follow-up activities
- There is no cost to participate
- Participants will be given the opportunity to learn more about and/or contribute to the Family Medicine Political Action Committee (FMPAC), the exclusive PAC devoted solely to amplifying the family medicine voice in the Michigan Legislature. To learn more about the Family Medicine PAC and how it is working on your behalf or to contribute, click here.