MAFP Annual Meeting 2022 Annual Meeting Materials »
Whether you are a new or established family physician, retired from practice, or in residency or medical school, MAFP seeks the input from all members on its policies, programs, and services. Two ways members may share their input and help shape their Academy are by attending the MAFP Annual Meeting— the state-level forum for members to make governance and business decisions—and submitting resolutions to be considered and voted on at the meeting.
2022 Meeting Date & Location
Saturday, July 9, 11:45 am-1:45 pm ET
Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island, MI
(Being held during the Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo, July 7-10)
- If you are attending the conference: Please RSVP for attending the MAFP Annual Meeting when you register for the conference.
- If you are not attending the conference: Click here to register for the Annual Meeting (select the Annual Meeting & Lunch check box under the Saturday session options).
Resolution proposals are due by May 25 to be considered during the Annual Meeting. Click here to learn more about resolution writing and to submit a resolution.
Click here (password required) to access the 13 member-proposed resolutions that will be discussed and voted on at the Annual Meeting. Any member in good standing may speak to resolutions on the floor and vote on reoslutions at the meeting.
Click here for the slate of Board candidates who will be voted on during the meeting (password required).
Highlights from the 2021 Annual Meeting
The 2021 MAFP Annual Meeting featured updates from Academy Leadership, including:
- Presidential farewell address from 2020-2021 MAFP President Mark Hamed, MD, MBA, MPH, FAAFP (Novi and Sandusky)
- Welcome address from 2021-2022 MAFP President Srikar Reddy, MD, FAAFP (South Lyon)
- Academy annual report from MAFP Chief Executive Officer Karlene Ketola, MSA, CAE
Official business included the election and installation of the 2021-2022 Board of Directors, and discussion and voting on 6 proposed resolutions:
- 12-01: Advocate for Evidence-based Treatment of Obesity as a Chronic Disease
- Adopted as amended
- Will be implemented by MAFP and forwarded to the 2022 AAFP Congress of Delegates for consideration
- 12-02: Support Medicated Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder
- Referred to the MAFP Board of Directors for further discussion
- 12-03: Advocate for Nursing Home Healthcare Reform
- 12-04: Advocate for Jail and Prison Healthcare Reform
- 12-05: Eliminating Socioeconomic and Racial Disparities in Reproductive Healthcare
- 12-06: Utilization of Comprehensive Sex Education Resources Beyond Abstinence
- Adopted as amended
Click here for materials that were presented to the membership prior to the Annual Meeting (password required).