MAFP Annual Meeting
The MAFP Annual Meeting serves as the platform for family physicians in Michigan to reflect on successes from the past year and identify the challenges that lie ahead. At the Annual Meeting, members assemble to examine proposed changes to MAFP policy and governance, elect new leadership, and debate issues that impact members.
Call for Resolutions
Each year, MAFP solicits resolutions from members for consideration at the Annual Meeting of the membership:
2020 MAFP Annual Meeting
Saturday, August 8, 12:10 - 2:10 pm
Detroit Marriott Troy, Troy, MI
(held in conjunction with the 2020 Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo)
- Any member in good standing is invited to submit a resolution(s), which will be accepted, discussed, and voted on at the Annual Meeting; approval requires a majority vote.
- In accordance with MAFP Bylaws, no resolution may be accepted, discussed, and voted on at the Annual Meeting unless the resolution has been submitted in writing to the chief executive officer at least 30 days prior to the meeting at which it is to be acted upon.
- Late resolutions will be accepted, discussed, and voted on only if there is an affirmative vote of two-thirds of the members who are present and voting at the Annual Meeting.
- All approved resolutions affecting the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) will be sent to AAFP for consideration at the AAFP Congress of Delegates.
Submit Your Resolution
- Submit a resolution via this online form or use this template and email your resolution to email@example.com.
Highlights from the 2019 Annual Meeting
The 2019 MAFP Annual Meeting was held August 3 at Shanty Creek Resort in Bellaire, in conjunction with the 2019 Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo.
The Annual Meeting included updates from Academy Leadership, including a presidential farewell address from 2018-2019 MAFP President Mary Marshall, MD, RN (Grand Blanc), a welcome address from 2019-2020 MAFP President Keerthy Krishnamani, MD, MBA (Saint Clair Shores), and an Academy annual report from Chief Executive Officer Karlene Ketola, MSA, CAE. Also, special guest AAFP President John Cullen, MD, FAAFP conferred the AAFP Degree of Fellow to 14 family physicians during a convocation ceremony.
The official business of the Annual Meeting included election and installation of the 2019-2020 Board of Directors, as well as approval of one proposed Bylaws amendment and seven proposed resolutions. Click here for these materials (member log in required).