Outstanding Medical Student in Michigan Award
The Outstanding Medical Student in Michigan Award recognizes student members of MAFP for academic excellence, leadership, service, and dedication to pursuing a career as a family physician.
The 2021 Outstanding Medical Student in Michigan Award will be presented to Anthony Seely of Wayne State University School of Medicine, during MAFP's Virtual Awards Celebration on Saturday, July 24, beginning at approximately 2 pm ET, immediately following the MAFP Annual Meeting (12-2 pm ET)—registration is open.
- Full-time student at an accredited medical school in Michigan
- MAFP student member
- Demonstrated academic excellence, leadership, service, and dedication to pursuing a career as a family physician
- Student in good standing academically and professionally
- Involved in his/her medical school’s Family Medicine Interest Group
- MAFP members, students, residents, educators, and medical school leadership are invited to submit nominations.
To Submit a Nomination
- Complete the nomination form by March 1.
- Submit to MAFP by March 1 the following:*
- Letter(s) of recommendation from a non-family member of the nominee
- Proof of academic standing
- Additional supporting materials that will help in the decision-making process
*Email to email@example.com, fax to 517.347.1289, or mail to MAFP, Attn: Academy Awards, 2164 Commons Parkway, Okemos, MI 48864.
Past Award Winners
Jaclyn Israel (Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine)