Ensure the Future of Family Medicine
A key to Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan's mission of advancing the specialty of family medicine in our state is through philanthropic contributions from family physicians, corporate entities, and the general public.
In looking at the future of family medicine in Michigan, Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan's Board of Trustees has deliberated on how best to fulfill the organization's mission and vision. It has identified the following programs to support, as funds allow:
- Development of continuing medical education (CME) to enhance the knowledge, competence, and performance of practicing physicians
- Annual sponsorship of family medicine residents and medical students to attend professional development events, such as the National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students, Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo, Michigan Future of Family Medicine Conference (students), and Beyond Clinical & Curriculm (residents)
- Development of a statewide mentorship program
As a charitable public foundation recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 50l(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan is able to accept grants, deductible gifts, and contributions to support its activities. Below is information about making a tax-deductible donation, and how shopping at AmazonSmile and Kroger can earn money for the Foundation. Thank you for considering these options in support the Foundation's work.
Your generous donation will be used to uphold Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan's mission and activities. All donors will be recognized in the Annual Report to the Membership and in MAFP's quarterly magazine, Michigan Family Physician. All donations are fully tax-deductible; a receipt will be issued to each donor. Thank you, donors!
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you will find the same low prices, vast selection, and convenient shopping experience as at Amazon, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to FMFM.
If you already have an Amazon account, you can use that account when purchasing through AmazonSmile. On your first visit to AmazonSmile, select the Michigan Academy of Family Physicians Foundation to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. After that, every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation to the Foundation.
When you shop at Kroger and swipe your Kroger's Plus card or key in your ID number, a portion of your purchase will be donated to Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan through the Kroger Community Rewards Program.
Here's how to participate in support of the Foundation if you have participated in the Kroger Community Rewards Program before:
- Go to www.krogercommunityrewards.com, click on Michigan, and click "Re-Enroll".
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your password (if you forgot the password you set up, please click on "forgot your password").
- Find the Foundation by entering NPO number 10555.
- Click "Select Your Organization".
- Click "Save Changes".
Here's how to participate in support of the Foundation if you have never participated in the Kroger Community Rewards Program, Kroger.com, or registered with the scan bar method:
- "Sign up today" (to the right).
- Enter your ZIP code and click "Search".
- Click on the arrow to display the list of stores in your ZIP code and highlight your preferred store.
- Enter your email and password, and then click "Next".
- Enter your Kroger Plus card number (if it says that this card has already been used, please call the number on the back of your card).
- Enter the security code (from the box above it).
- Enter your contact information and click "Next".
- Verify that your account information is correct. Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions and click "complete information".
- Kroger will send an email to the email address that you entered in step #4 (this can take up to 10 minutes).
- Click on the link within the email or copy and paste the URL into your browser.
- To sign in, click on the "click here" button and then enter your email and password.
- Under the Kroger Community Rewards Section at the right, click "Edit Kroger Community Rewards Information".
- Find the MAFP Foundation by entering NPO number 10555.
- Click on the circle to the left of MAFP Foundation so that it becomes highlighted, and then click "Save Changes".
- Review the information to make sure it is accurate.