Outstanding Medical Student in Michigan Award
The Outstanding Medical Student in Michigan Award recognizes student members of MAFP for academic excellence, leadership, service, and dedication to pursuing a career as a family physician.
Congratulations to Christine Maisano - now in her final year at Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine - on being named MAFP's 2022 Outstanding Medical Student in Michigan.
- Full-time student at an accredited medical school in Michigan
- MAFP student member
- Demonstrated academic excellence, leadership, service, and dedication to pursuing a career as a family physician
- Student in good standing academically and professionally
- Involved in his/her medical school’s Family Medicine Interest Group
- MAFP members, students, residents, educators, and medical school leadership are invited to submit nominations.
Submit a Nomination
- Complete the nomination form by March 1.
- Submit to MAFP by March 1 the following:*
- Letter(s) of recommendation from a non-family member of the nominee
- Proof of academic standing
- Additional supporting materials that will help in the decision-making process
*Email to [email protected], fax to 517.347.1289, or mail to MAFP, Attn: Academy Awards, 2164 Commons Parkway, Okemos, MI 48864.
Past Award Winners
Anthony Seely (Wayne State University School of Medicine)
Jaclyn Israel (Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine)