Billing & Coding—ICD-10
Appropriate and accurate coding is vital to any practice no matter the size or the setting. You deserve to be paid for the work you complete, which why it is essential that you and your staff are up-to-date with the latest billing and coding information.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) ICD-10 Resources
- ICD-10 Ombudsman
- ICD-10 Coordination Center
- ICD-10 Specialty Resource Guide
- Sign Up for CMS ICD-10 Email Updates
- CMS' Next Steps Toolkit
- AAFP Coding Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions about ICD-10
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) ICD-10-CM Code Files
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 Referential Flash Cards: Top 823 Primary Care Diagnoses
AAFP's ICD-9 to ICD-10 Referential Flash Cards are a reference to the primary care diagnoses you see most often, along with expert coding tips. The flash cards can benefit you and your entire coding team to help ease the transition to ICD-10.
- Road to ICD-10 Resource for Small Physician Practices
- New for MAFP Members: Navigating ICD-10 Video Tutorials
Transitional Care Management
- Frequently Asked Questions about Transitional Care Management
- AAFP Tools to Clarify Transitional Care Management CPT Codes
Available 24/7, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) provides access to all Medicare Learning Network (MLN) ConnectsTM materials on the CMS website in various formats, e.g., written transcripts, audio recordings, podcasts and video slideshow presentations that are accessible on the CMS YouTube Channel. This includes several resources specific to billing and coding.