Health Information Technology
Electronic Health Records
- AAFP Center for Health Information Technology
Obtain the information you need to know about selecting and implementing the right EHR for your practice, including getting your practice ready, selecting the right EHR for you, creating a contingency plan, implementing and managing your new system.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Health IT Tools and Resources
AHRQ and its community of contractors and grantees developed tools to help health care organizations plan for, implement and evaluate health information technology (IT). These tools describe and recommend strategies for addressing some of the common challenges organizations encounter when working with health IT systems.
CMS' Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs provide incentive payments to eligible professionals, eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs) as they adopt, implement, upgrade or demonstrate meaningful use of certified EHR technology. For details on the requirements, click here.
- Overview of Meaningful Use Stage 1 Requirements
- CMS' Meaningful Use Stage 2 Tool Kit
- CMS' EHR Incentive Programs Frequently Asked Questions
AAFP also provides a PowerPoint presentation for download to further understand the transition to Meaningful Use Stage 2 in January 2014.