July 24, 2021—During the Michigan Academy of Family Physicians (MAFP) Annual Meeting, held virtually on Saturday, July 24, American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Chair Gary LeRoy, MD, FAAFP conferred the AAFP Degree of Fellow to the following family physicians:
- Roufaida Al-Misky, MD, FAAFP (Oakland)
- Michael Berneking, MD, FAAFP (Grand Rapids)
- Kristine Cece, MD, PhD, FAAFP (Brighton)
- Linda Chermak, MD, FAAFP (Charlotte)
- Tessa Dake, MD, FAAFP (Saginaw)
- Jennifer Hanna, DO, FAAFP (Troy)
- Ayano Kiyota, MD, PhD, FAAHPM, FAAFP (Livonia and Ann Arbor)
- P. Lamont Okey, MD, FAAFP (Adrian)
- Angela Oostema, MD, FAAFP (East Grand Rapids)
- Cynthia Schuller, MD, FAAFP (Brighton)
- Stephen Warnick, MD, FAAFP (St. Clair Shores)
The AAFP Degree of Fellow was established in 1971 by the Congress of Delegates in special recognition of Academy members who have distinguished themselves among their colleagues, as well as in their communities, by their service to family medicine, the advancement of healthcare to the American people, and their professional development through medical education and research. As a Fellow, these distinguished individuals are entitled to all the privileges, ceremony, and honor bestowed by this degree.
This year’s fellowship class brings the total number of AAFP Fellows to more than 17,500 nationwide and 2,375 in Michigan.
Click here to learn more about the Degree of Fellow and the application requirements.