MAFP was honored that AAFP President Michael Munger, MD, FAAFP (Overland Park, KS) attended the 2018 Michigan Family Medicine Conference & Expo as a special guest and speaker.
He also conferred the AAFP Degree of Fellow to 13 Family Physicians during the Academy's Annual Meeting on July 14. Congratulations to ...
- Nazem Abdelfattah, MD, FAAFP (Grand Blanc)
- Michael Bishop, MD, FAAFP (Grand Rapids)
- Peter Christensen, DO, FAAFP (Holland)
- George Drake, MD, FAAFP (Edwardsburg)
- Robert Jackson MD, MMM, FAAFP (Allen Park)
- Amy Keenum, DO, PharmD, FAAFP (East Lansing)
- Nobin Kottukapally, MD, FAAFP (New Boston)
- Stacey Leva, DO, FAAFP of MD, FAAFP (Chesterton, IN)
- Sasenarine Persaud, MD, FAAFP (Rochester Hills)
- Jenese Reynolds-Gibbs, MD, FAAFP (Saint Clare Shores)
- Pamela Rockwell, DO, FAAFP (Ann Arbor)
- Jennifer Wulff, MD, FAAFP (Southfield)
- Jinping Xu, MD, FAAFP (Detroit)
The AAFP Degree of Fellow was established in 1971 by the Congress of Delegates as a special recognition of Academy members who have distinguished themselves among their colleagues, as well as in their communities, by their service to Family Medicine, the advancement of healthcare to the American people, and by their professional development through medical education and research. As a Fellow, these distinguished individuals are entitled to all the privileges, ceremony, and honor bestowed by this degree. There are now 474 AAFP Fellows in the Michigan chapter.
Click here to learn more about the Degree of Fellow and the application requirements.