March 17, 2021—Five family physicians have been appointed by the MAFP Board of Directors to serve as Michigan delegates to AAFP’s 2021 National Conference of Constituency Leaders (NCCL), which will convene virtually on Apr. 29-May 1:
- Women’s constituency delegate: Emily Smith, DO
- Minority physicians constituency delegate: Srikala Yedavally-Yellayi, DO, MEd, FAAFP
- New physicians constituency delegate: Razel Remen, MD
- IMG constituency delegate: Fatin Sahhar, MD, FAAFP
- LGBT physicians/physicians allies constituency delegate: Harshini Jayasuriya, MD, FAAFP
Delegates will help elect national officers, strengthen their leadership skills, advocate for issues that are relevant to their constituency, and connect with others who share similar interests.