MAFP is participating in a Twitter chat hosted by Michigan State Medical Society on Tuesday, December 11, 12-1 pm ET, to educate and encourage Michiganders to write their lawmakers on the value of Michigan's Auto No-Fault System. The system continues to be the center of ongoing debate and is likely to be a legislative focus during Lame Duck. MAFP's Advocacy Committee Chair, Glenn Dergansky, DO, FAAFP, will represent MAFP by tweeting from @MIFamilyDocs. You're invited to join, too--just follow and use the hashtag #NoFaultSavesLives.
What is a Twitter Chat?
A Twitter chat, sometimes known as a Twitter party or a tweet chat, happens when a group of people all tweet about the same topic using a specific tag (#) called a hashtag that allows the topic to be followed on Twitter. The chats are on a specific day, at a specific time.
In this case, the hashtag for the Twitter chat is #NoFaultSavesLives. By including #NoFaultSavesLives in your posts, you can ensure your messages will be part of the Twitter chat. In addition, anyone searching for #NoFaultSavesLives and anyone who clicks on that hashtag from a post will be able to find and read the thread associated with the hashtag.
How to Participate
- You will need to have a Twitter account set up to participate.
- Join the chat by searching for the hashtag #NoFaultSavesLives. Click on the hashtag to join to the conversation. You should see a few tweets using that hashtag.
- Now you can start tweeting your messages! Feel free to jump in as soon as you’re ready and share your message with the hashtag #NoFaultSavesLives included. Let everyone know you’ve joined the chat and that you’re ready to participate.
- Ex: Hello everyone! I’m here and ready to talk about auto no-fault. #NoFaultSavesLives
Tips, Tricks and Important Information
- Please use #NoFaultSavesLives in all of your Tweets to be included in the Twitter chat on December 11.
- If you ask a question or respond to someone in the chat, use the hashtag #NoFaultSavesLives so everyone can be in on the conversation.
- Share tweets from the conversation with your network by re-tweeting or by commenting on posts in the chat.
- Please don’t use the hashtag unless it’s on topic! We don’t want off-topic conversation to be part of the archive of the chat.
- Please do use other relevant hashtags in your posts, including:
- #NoFaultSavesLives, #AutoNoFault, #MSMSHealthChat, #Michigan
You might want to let people know you’ll be participating in the Twitter chat in advance. This is a nice way to let your network know you may be a bit noisy during the chat time.
- Coalition Protecting Auto No-Fault - @ProtectNoFault
- Kalamazoo Academy of Medicine - @KAMJackson
- Michigan Academy of Family Physicians - @MIFamilyDocs
- Michigan Academy of Physician Assistants - @MichiganPAs
- Michigan Brain Injury Provider Council - @
- Michigan Osteopathic Association - @MichiganDOs
- Michigan State Medical Society, @MichStateMedSoc
- NeuroRestorative - @Hope4TBI
- Origami - @OrigamiRehab
- Wayne County Medical Society of Southeast Michigan - @WCMSSM