Jan. 7, 2022 - The MAFP Board of Directors has appointed the following members (pictured L-R below) to represent Michigan as delegates to American Academy of Family Physicians' 2022 National Conference of Constituency Leaders (NCCL), Apr. 28-30, in Kansas City, Missouri.
- International Medical Graduate: Vijaya Arun Kumar, MD, MPH, FAAFP (Grosse Pointe Park)
- LGBT Physician/Ally: Casey Darrah, MD (Farmington Hills)
- Minority Physician: Delicia Pruitt, MD, FAAFP (Saginaw)
- New Physician: Aisha Harris, MD (Grand Blanc)
- Woman Physician: Sheala Jafry, MD, MS, FAAFP (Rochester Hills)
NCCL is AAFP’s annual leadership development event that empowers a select group of change-makers to catalyze positive change in family medicine. Delegates elect national officers, gain skills to be an effective leader and advocate, and network, share experiences, exchange information, and draft resolutions with colleagues who have similar interests. The resolutions they work on have the potential to influence AAFP policy. Plus, delegates may claim Enrichment CME credits for attending conference breakout sessions.