Hosted by American Academy of Family Physicians, NCCL is the premier policy and leadership development event for underrepresented constituencies of the Academy. Michigan is proud to once again send a full delegation to NCCL:
- Minority Physician Delegate: Preston Thomas, MD (Farmington Hills)
- GLBT Physician Delegate: Kristi VanDerKolk, MD (Kalamazoo)
- International Medical Graduate Delegate: Srikar Reddy, MD (Brighton)
- Woman Physician Delegate: Tina Tanner, MD (Montague)
- New Physician Delegate: Bashar Yalldo, MD (Royal Oak)
Held concurrently with NCCL, the Annual Chapter Leadership Forum (ACLF) will provide an opportunity for Michigan's elected leaders and chapter staff to build and refine their leadership skills, discover solutions to chapter challenges, strengthen relationships with other chapter leaders and staff, and share best practices with peers.
We will share highlights of NCCL and ACLF in the Michigan Family Physician summer edition, due out in June.
Photo: Pictured above is Preston Thomas, MD (Farmington Hills), who also served as MAFP's 2016 Minority Physician Delegate, giving testimony at last year's NCCL.