HHS Urges Eligible Physicians to Apply Early
October 2, 2020—Starting Oct. 5, physicians and other healthcare providers may apply for COVID-19 relief funding from a new $20 billion Provider Relief Fund Phase 3 General Distribution that considers financial losses and changes in operating expenses caused by the pandemic.
The new funding is open to:
- Providers who previously received, rejected or accepted a General Distribution Provider Relief Fund payment. Providers that have already received payments of approximately 2% of annual revenue from patient care may submit more information to become eligible for an additional payment.
- Behavioral health providers, including those that previously received funding and new providers.
- Providers who began practicing January 1, 2020 through March 31, 2020. This includes Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, dentists, assisted living facilities, and behavioral health providers.
The application period will remain open through Nov. 6, but HHS urges eligible physicians to apply early to expedite the review and distribution process.
All provider submissions will be reviewed to confirm they have received a Provider Relief Fund payment equal to approximately 2% of patient care revenue from prior general distributions. Applicants that have not yet received Relief Fund payments of 2% of patient revenue will receive a payment that, when combined with prior payments (if any), equals 2% of patient care revenue.
With the remaining balance of the $20 billion budget, HRSA will then calculate an equitable add-on payment that considers:
- A provider’s change in operating revenues from patient care
- A provider’s change in operating expenses from patient care, including expenses incurred related to coronavirus
- Payments already received through prior Provider Relief Fund distributions
Funding recipients will be required to attest to receiving Phase 3 funds and accept the associated terms and conditions.
Click here to read the complete HHS news release.