SEMAFP Sponsoring Family Medicine Resident International Medical Education & Scholarship Opportunity
Southeastern Michigan Academy of Family Physicians (SEMAFP)—a component chapter of MAFP—is accepting applications from Family Medicine residents in Michigan interested in participating in a medical mission trip to Dominican Republic, July 21-29, through a 2018 Restoreu Inc. / Global Outreach scholarship. The $2,500 scholarship will cover airfare, shared hotel accommodations, and meals. The deadline to apply is May 31.
Eligibility - applicant must:
- Be a current Family Medicine resident training in Michigan and who is in good standing
- Possess an active passport with six months validity beyond July 29, 2017
- Available to attend the entire mission trip (i.e. be on vacation or on an elective)
- Travel with group (Restoreu Inc. / Global Outreach) and participate in all group activities including an Infectious Disease teleconference and group activities in Nicaragua
Participation - selected applicant must:
- Complete a cultural sensitivity self-inventory questionnaire and review with Dr. Ruth Mays, Group Leader
- Attend Infectious Disease teleconferences facilitated by Restoreu, Inc. in preparation for the mission trip
- Participate in all Restoreu, Inc./ Global Outreach activities while on the mission trip for safety and educational purposes
- Submit a post-trip reflection
- Review and agree to follow all rules and regulations of residency program, Restoreu, Inc. / Global Outreach while on the mission trip
How to Apply:
The application deadline is May 31.
Submit a copy of your valid passport and type-written application essay to Lisa Blackwell at email@example.com, including the following:
- First and last name
- Year of training
- Date of application submission
- Elective/Rotation in July 2018
- Address, city, state, ZIP code
- Phone number
- Email address
- Essay response to this question: How might participating in this medical missionary trip help you better serve the indigent population as a Family Physician?
Contact Ruth Mays, MD at 229.220.7706 or firstname.lastname@example.org.